I use to think that I was the most level-minded person on the face of this earth. I always heard two sides of the story before passing judgment and I’ve been told countless times before that I’m an extremely understanding person. I use to think I’d make the world’s coolest girlfriend. That was before I got a boyfriend and that was before I started traveling.
I guess certain things never use to bother me because I controlled everything. I planned for everything. I let no surprises hit me with a curve ball. That wasn’t always successful but most of the time it worked. But after I started traveling, I realized that I can’t stand it when…
- I don’t get enough sleep. I’m not pretty when I’m cranky.
- The only time I can fall asleep on the plane is an hour before the plane lands, even if it’s a 16 hour flight to China.
- Someone does #2, runs the water in the sink or tub to mask the noise of bombs dropping in the toilet bowl thinking I’m oblivious to what they’re doing.
- The person in front of me leans his/her chair all the way back on an airplane and has the audacity to tell me to move my knees.
Here are some things other travelers can’t stand.
- Travelers that show disrespect towards hosts/locals. – @Eloren from Canvas of Light
- Hippie wannabees. – @Eloren from Canvas of Light
- Rush.. I don’t like to rush things, I go slow and take it easy. – @Eloren from Canvas of Light
- People who flick on the light at 1am, bring their friends into the room and turn on the radio! Grrr – @spunkygirllogue from Spunky Girl Monologues
- People who take forever going through airport security, stick all your metal stuff in your bag & send it through! – @darrickjlee
- People on the airplane that back up the whole line to board by slowing removing their coats and taking out items from their bags. – @suzyguese from Suzy Guese
- Fellow countrymen insisting me to have a conversation in our language. – @conradzoo from Zooadventurer
- Airlines. Can’t they treat their customers at least like humans? – @ApproachGuides from Approach Guides
- Customs/Security coming back into the states. The lines are long but I hate the full body cavity search they give. I’m sorry, u just put your hands down my pants. Who are you? – @piratepenpen from The World of Pirate Penpen
- Complainers. People forget what a gift traveling is.- @StayAdventurous from Stay Adventurous
- People who make travel a pissing contest over whose got more traveler cred. ugh. – @20sTravel from Twenty-Something Travel
- Vegetarians! (just kidding… well… picky eaters are hard to travel or eat with) – @TravelsOfAdam from Travels of Adam