Before I left for my press trip, I had the misconception was that Cancun was just a budget destination for rowdy Spring Breakers to let lose and cause havoc. Boy, was I wrong. Cancun isn’t just for Spring Breakers. My stay at the Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand Hotel resort was one of the most relaxing trips I had ever taken.
If you’re in need of a relaxing getaway from a stressful school year, your soul sucking 9-5 or a recent breakup, consider Cancun but not during the Spring Break months. I made a trip down there at the end of January and here are my top 6 reasons why Cancun is the perfect budget destination for non-Spring Breakers.
1. Instead of waking up to the irritating shrieks of my alarm clock at the crack of down, I rose to the sound of ocean waves clashing up against the shore.
2. Instead of rushing every morning to catch my train, I strolled out to Cancun Caribe’s buffet restaurant, which was filled with a different variety of food every hour of the day, every day of the week.
3. Instead of dealing with rowdy drunks when I go bar hopping, I went pool hopping from the main pool to the infinity pool to the hot tub and back.
4. Instead of drooling on the subway from a 10 hour work day, I was drooling from an amazing spa session after detoxing in the state of the art steam room and sauna.
5. Instead of ordering out because I’m too exhausted to walk a few extra blocks, I had a variety of choices, like La Concha (Italian), El Oriental (Asian), El Mirador, Cocay, El Jardin, Pizza Corner & Cafe Sole, which were all within a 2 minute walk from my beachfront hotel room.
6. Instead of jumping in the shower and planting face down on my pillow after a long day, I took night time dips in the hot tub before taking my sweet time showering in a bathroom with three (yes three!) massaging shower heads.
This press trip to Cancun, Mexico was made possible by Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand Hotel. Thoughts and insights are strictly my own.